Thursday, July 15, 2010

Work in progress: Killers of the State


Killers of the State.
(oil on masonite board)

I started this painting of Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton Sunday, July 11th. This is my second painting of Condoleezza and my first of Hillary. As of now I'm working on the under painting which tends to take me a while with oil paint. I'm mostly focused on temperature and tonal values at this stage. It just so happens that I fell into a red, white and blue color scheme.
The first Condoleezza Rice portrait is below.


In Conde We Trust. (acrylic and collage on board)
2005.

Artist, Robbie Conal told me the collage was unnecessary. Robbie Conal was wrong. If you read the text (I encourage you to do so) then you see how very necessary it is. We often skim over or over look the truth. Our leaders rely on our mental laziness to achieve many of their corrupt goals.
Wake up and read between the lines.

No comments: